Monday 15 June

Hi Everyone,

I’m away sick today, so here are the plans for the day…

8:45am: Come in, get organised and catch up

9am: Team Meeting

9:35am: Visual Arts

11:05am: Recess

11:30am: Silent Reading

11:50am: Maths – Reflections, Rotations and Translations

• In pairs, design a logo for our class room using reflections, rotations and/or translations. Think about the words, colours and images that would represent our class. You can use graph paper.
  • Google “reflections maths”, “rotations maths” and “translations maths” if you are not sure what any term means. I’m sure your teacher or other people in the class could help you as well.

12:50pm: Eating – in your seats

1pm: Lunch

1:30pm: History

• In pairs or groups of three, research some other inventions that were created by the Ancient Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, Chinese and Indians. ‘Ancient’ means 60000BCE – 650CE. When you are using Google, search for key words rather than questions, such as, “Ancient Rome inventions” or “Ancient China discoveries”. Record what the invention was, which civilisation/s invented or discovered it and how we use it today. Find at least one invention / discovery from each civilisation.

2:30pm: Pack Up / Fitness

I hope you have a great day! See you tomorrow 🙂

13 thoughts on “Monday 15 June

1. Hi! Thanks for this blog! I’m from Lisboa – Portugal. A sunny country in Europe.
    Keep on the good work:-) Best wishes Maria

• Hi Maria,

Thanks for taking the time to stop by our blog and comment! Do you have a class blog that we could visit? It is winter here in Adelaide – cold and rainy 🙁 Enjoy your summer!

Kind regards,
      Super Six Sevens

2. Hello! I am a teacher in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada. Tomorrow is the last day of the school year for us. I have been a teacher for grade 7 (all subjects) and for grades 9-12 science (with a focus on biology and chemistry)

I loved checking out your blog!

How are you students enjoying sharing with the world?

• Hi Tamara,

Thanks for stopping by our blog! They are enjoying it (I hope!). It’s a bit weird for them thinking that people from all over the world are looking at what we are doing.

Enjoy your holiday! We are about to start our two week mid-year break at the end of this week 🙂

Regards,
      Mel

P.S. If you’re still teaching Year 7 when school goes back for you and would like your class to blog with someone, please let us know. I think my class would love chatting with students in Canada 🙂

3. Hi Mrs Andrews,
    i amanita sure if we start school tomorrow because i lost the latest newspaper, so when the holidays is over i check the newspaper
    from Judy 🙂