Fettuccine & Basil Pesto

Today’s recipe was Fettuccine with Basil Pesto. We made some dough and ran it through the pasta maker in order to make our own pasta. We used the basil from our garden to make the basil pesto. I’ll add a recipe section to our blog, so that you can make these meals at home for your families!

IMG_1854   IMG_1856   IMG_1861   IMG_1862   IMG_1864   IMG_1868   IMG_1869   IMG_1871   IMG_1873   IMG_1875

6 thoughts on “Fettuccine & Basil Pesto

1. Hi Super Six Sevens

I saw your post while checking out the last posts published on Edublogs and visited your blog so I could have a closer look at your cooking!

While looking at the cooking photos I saw your request to add a comment. Great idea for encouraging visitors to leave a comment. Would you give me permission to add a screenshot of your text widget to the Teacher Challenge series here – http://teacherchallenge.edublogs.org/step-10-connect-other-classes/ ?

I was also wondering about your pesto. Pesto often includes peanuts. Did you use nuts in the pesto? My son is allergic to peanuts so I make a pesto that doesn’t include nuts but includes lemon juice. Please let me know when you’ve added your recipe section as I would love to compare your recipes with mine. I haven’t tried making my own fettuccine but have made Ravoli. PS love growing Basil it is one of the easier herbs to grow. I also have a post on the herbs and veggies I’ve tried cooking. Let me know if you are ever interested in reading.

Greetings from Perth, Australia

Sue Waters
    Support Manager
    Edublogs | CampusPress

2. Hi Sue,

Thanks for stopping by our blog! We’d by happy for you to share a screenshot of our text widget.

We’ve just started back cooking once a week on Wednesdays. With the pesto, we didn’t use nuts because of some people’s allergies. The recipe says to use pine nuts rather than peanuts, but we replaced them with sunflower kennels instead. We loved making the fettuccine – very simple to make! Hopefully, we’ll get to try making ravioli this year.

We also have a school garden and the basil takes over! It was one of the only plants to survive the summer last year. We’d love to see your post on herbs and veggies; it might give us some more ideas for our kitchen garden program.

The Recipes page is now up and has the four recipes we’ve made so far. We’ll keep adding to it each week.

Bye for now,
    Super Six Sevens

3. Hi Super Six Seven

Thanks for giving permission to use text widget screenshot. Will let you know once added it.

Here is the recipe I use for my pesto:
    1/3 cup parmesan
    1 bunch basil
    1/4-1/2 cup olive oil
    3 cloves garlic
    1-2 tsp lemon juice
    salt and pepper to taste

I’m overly cautious and won’t use any type of nuts. Specialist advised all should be avoided.

Recipe page looking good. Interesting to compare techniques. I watch lots of YouTube videos on different methods. Curtis Stone’s has some really good videos on basics. Jamie Oliver has some ravoli videos.

Here’s a link to my gardening post -http://suewaters.com/2015/03/31/learning-by-blogging-my-gardening-adventures/ I find having a planting schedule helped.

Sue Waters

• Hi Sue,

No worries, you’re welcome!

Your basil pesto recipe looks good. We might have to try that out and compare the two. We don’t use any nuts either.

Thanks for the link to your gardening post. We might make up a planting schedule like yours, but for Adelaide.

Super Six Sevens